Working on my personal happiness is my way of doing something for myself (and for others) everyday.
Here’s a list of things that I’ve done today:
- Make my wife laugh - I woke up at 6:20 a.m. wearing PJs that always make my wife laugh. Trust me, there’s no better thing than seeing her smile :)
- Workout - Despite the rainy day, I went swimming for an hour.
- Meditation - While I was commuting to work, I used the app Headspace for 10 minutes of meditation.
- Learn - This morning, I attended a lecture on Google Analytics with serial entrepreneur and angel investor, Will Bunker.
- Make fun of me - I wore one of my favorite hats that somehow makes people laugh. In fact, some strangers greet me as “Panda man” in the street.
- Client meeting - My colleague and I delivered a presentation for one of our clients. The meeting went well!
- Power Lunch - I had a balanced lunch and sang Happy birthday to my dear friend Roderick Sims.
- Wandering - Nothing better than wandering around.
Right now, it’s 3:20 p.m. in San Francisco and I need to go back to work, but before that I’d like to explain to you why I did most of the above.
Daily Routines for a Sustainable Happiness
As a new years resolution I’ve been creating habits to develop sustainable happiness. Some of those are for individual happiness, and others for communal happiness.
- Individual Happiness
- Health - mental (i.e. learn), spiritual (i.e. meditation), physical (i.e. swimming).
- Relationships - i.e. make your significant other laugh
- Work - i.e. client meetings
- Communal Happiness
- By working in your own happiness you can bring positive energy to those around you. AsChristopher McCandlesss said: “Happiness only real when shared.”
For me, there’s nothing better than sharing happiness with others.
This is my favorite hat :)